Friday, June 19, 2009

SOUTH AFRICA




So this was my second time down in SA. I had been here once last year with Sean, but this trip I went solo. What an adventure flying all the way here alone. I flew Maui, Salt Lake City, Georgia, Johannesburg, East London. Wow that took a long time! Almost two days of flying and I arrived in East London to my two good friends Rosy and Sacha. All bags and boards had arrived safely, somehow! I was exhausted to say the least, but so happy to be welcomed by friends I hadn't seen since last winter on Maui. We drove about 45 minutes to Rosy's parents place, where I got to meet her Mom, Wendy and Dad, Steven. I was so grateful to have a warm bed and a beautiful house to stay in! Thank you guys so much for having me. I woke up around noon, with the time difference 12 hours from Hawaii, I figured I'd be a bit out of it for a few days. Luckily I woke up to some yummy food and a surf mission. We scored fun little surf, took me a while to remember how to surf in a wet suit.. But I finally got it... We came back home, relaxed and looked outside to see that the wind had switched and the point break in front of the house was firing with no one out! I LOVE SOUTH AFRICA! Thank you Sacha for the pics! check his website... http://www.thespex.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment